Dallas C-Section Injury Attorneys
Were You or Your Child Injured Due to C-Section Complications?
If you or your child suffered an injury in the process of a C-section delivery, you might be entitled to compensation through a birth injury claim. The truth is, a high percentage of birth injuries are preventable. If your medical provider was careless or negligent, and your family suffered as a result, you need to speak with someone who can help.
We accept cases that we believe in and care about. We fight for our clients and we work hard to win their cases. In our practice, we have seen that many birth injuries are related to C-section mistakes. Our Dallas trial attorneys are experienced in these types of claims and prepared to advocate for your rights and for the rights of your baby.
Types of C-Section Injuries
Some examples of injuries connected with C-section births include:
- Lacerations – Sometimes, a C-section incision can hurt the child, causing minor to major lacerations that require stitches.
- Infant distress – Hypoxia can occur in C-sections, and the child might be susceptible to permanent injury if the health provider is not careful and/or does not provide immediate treatment. Infant distress in C-sections often occurs when the umbilical cord is traumatized or compromised.
- Failure to conduct C-section – Sometimes, the injury in question was not caused by the C-section, but the failure to perform a C-section or the failure to do so in a timely manner. If the doctor failed to direct a C-section when called for, and you or your child suffered unnecessarily as a result, you should speak with a lawyer.
Factors Increasing the Possibility of C-Section Delivery
Not all women will be able to give birth vaginally due to complications of pregnancy and risks of labor. Many different types of risks and complications can result in the need for an elective or emergency cesarean section. It is important that medical professionals recognize the need for cesarean delivery and assess the potential risks.
A cesarean delivery may be necessary in situations that involve:
- Prolonged labor
- Emergency situation (wrapped umbilical cord / nuchal cord)
- Premature labor
- Malposition of the fetus (breech)
- Preeclampsia / toxemia
- Placental abruption
- Fetal distress
- HELLP Syndrome
- Large baby / macrosomia
If a doctor has to perform an emergency cesarean section, it is most likely due to circumstances where the doctor and health care providers have determined that it is safer to deliver the baby through operation than to allow vaginal labor to continue. In some instances, a baby may be at risk for injury and an emergency C-section is used to help alleviate the risk of injury to the baby. However, some of the problems during the pregnancy can be caught through proper monitoring by the doctor. If this is not done correctly, a preventable C-section may be necessary.
Other Possible C-Section Complications
The situation in which a complication occurs as a result of a C-section is not as common due to the advanced medical technology available to doctors and other medical staff. However, the complications of a C-section, should they occur, can be very dangerous and threaten the health of the mother and possibly the baby.
Complications of a C-section include, but are not limited to:
- Infant brain damage caused by a delayed C-section
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Post-surgery infection or fever
- Organ damage or injury
- Emergency hysterectomy
- Blood clot
- Reaction to medication or anesthesia
- Difficulty with future pregnancies and deliveries
Our Dallas C-section injury lawyers at Aldous \ Walker believe that if a medical error resulted in an emergency C-section and either the mother or baby was harmed, the doctor should be held accountable for his or her actions, along with the hospital. Our firm has helped countless clients reach the favorable resolution they desire.
If your child was injured due to C-section complications, call our Dallas office at (214) 307-6307.
Our entire team works on each case we handle.
We enjoy trying cases – it’s what we do best.
We are passionate about fighting for what is right.
We truly believe in our clients and treat them like family.
2021 Best Law Firms
Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" 2021
Best Lawyers in America
Inner Circle of Advocates
American Board of Trial Advocates
American College of Trial Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers Top 100
D Best 2020
National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
International Society of Barristers
International Academy of Trial Lawyers
D Best Lawyers Under 40
Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
Charla Aldous and Brent Walker have been selected to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers list, a distinction earned by top-rated advocates who have garnered the respect and esteem of their peers.