Dallas Burn Injury Attorneys
Call (214) 307-6307 If You've Suffered a Severe Burn Injury in Texas
Burns are amongst the most serious and debilitating injuries a person can ever experience. Not only do they cause extreme pain, but burns can leave a person permanently disfigured and scarred for the rest of their lives. In the most severe cases, burns can be fatal. When severe burn injuries are the result of someone else's negligent actions, we believe you deserve justice!
Our team of Dallas burn injury lawyers at Aldous \ Walker is passionate about law, but most importantly, we are passionate about our clients. We have experience handling many severe burn injury cases and we believe in the importance of what we do. We can achieve justice for our clients based on our experience, commitment, and understanding of what needs to be done in order to achieve the results you deserve.
Call (214) 307-6307 or fill out our online contact form to get started on your case! We offer free, confidential case evaluations.
Ensuring Your Needs are Met with Compensatory Damages
Burn injuries can be life-treatening, especially if they aren't treated quickly and effectively. You may need ongoing medical care, treatment, and therapy, including plastic surgery.
The costs for medical care assocated with a burn injury can be astronomical. According to the National Business Group on Health, severe burns that result in disfigurement or scarring can cost up to $35,000 to for initial treatment, not to mention treatment for any side-effects of a burn such as internal organ damage or infections.
A Dallas burn injury attorney from our firm can fight for the maximum compensation you deserve to cover all costs associated with your injury, both economical and non-economical, including:
- Emergency medical care and on going treatment
- Physical therapy and plastic surgery
- Loss of income or potential earnings if unable to return to work
- Loss of consortium or companionship if disabled
- Mental anguish and pain and suffering
Every burn injury case is unique and may qualify for these damages or others, depending on the circumstances. Contact our firm today to learn about your legal rights!
What Types of Accidents Cause Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries can be caused by many different types of accidents. These accidents can be severe and the results are often dangerous, widespread, and long lasting. The most important thing to do is to receive the medical care you need. An important part of your recovery may also be speaking with an attorney about your legal rights.
Many different types of accidents and events can result in burn injuries—including the following:
- Oil field injuries
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Chemical spills
- Electrical accidents
- House / building fires
- Boat accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Product liability
- Machinery malfunction
If another person hurt you or was involved in your accident—or if a company, for example, was involved in what happened to you, such as a vehicle manufacturer responsible for a dangerous or defective car part—you should talk to a lawyer. There is no reason not to.
How Serious Are Burns?
Burn injuries can be caused by any number of sources – open flame, boiling water, chemicals, you name it – and can cause injuries ranging from slightly uncomfortable to devastatingly life-altering. In order to properly encompass the different types of injuries, burns are categorized in one of four levels of severity:
- Fourth-degree burn: This type of burn often appears black, and may require surgical removal of the affected area and even amputation. This is the most severe type of burn, and affects the epidermis (the outer layer of skin), the dermis (the second layer of skin), the fat layer, the muscles, the tendons, and the bone.
- Third-degree burn: This type of burn often appears wet or black and may leave the skin remaining in the surrounding area looking waxy or leathery. It affects the epidermis, the dermis, the fat layer, and more serious cases may result in destroyed nerves in the area. Third-degree burns are often the result of large fires, so the victim may also be suffering from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and have difficulty breathing as a result of excessive smoke inhalation.
- Second-degree burn: This type of burn often appears wet or moist, and can leave the skin red, white, or splotchy. More serious cases can blister and cause scarring. It affects the epidermis and dermis.
- First-degree burn: This type of burn leaves the skin red and potentially swollen, and affects the epidermis. In most cases, it will heal after about a week with first-aid.
Give us a call for more information: Contact Aldous \ Walker for a free initial consultation at (214) 307-6307!
Our entire team works on each case we handle.
We enjoy trying cases – it’s what we do best.
We are passionate about fighting for what is right.
We truly believe in our clients and treat them like family.
2024 Best Law Firms
Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" 2021
Best Lawyers in America
Inner Circle of Advocates
American Board of Trial Advocates
American College of Trial Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers Top 100
D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas Hall of Fame
Charla Aldous is an inducted member of D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas Hall of Fame, a distinction reserved for attorneys who been named to the Best Lawyers in Dallas list at least 15 times.
D Best 2023
National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
International Society of Barristers
International Academy of Trial Lawyers
D Best Lawyers Under 40
Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
Charla Aldous and Brent Walker have been selected to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers list, a distinction earned by top-rated advocates who have garnered the respect and esteem of their peers.