Dallas Hit-and-Run Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Hit-and-Run Accidents in Texas
Being involved in a car accident is a traumatic experience, but when the other driver flees the scene, it can be even more devastating. If you or someone you love was injured in a hit-and-run accident, you may be wondering what to do next. How will you pay for your medical bills? How will you support your family if you are unable to work? How will you find the person who hit you?
At Aldous \ Walker LLP, we understand the many challenges you are facing, and we are here to help. Our Dallas hit-and-run accident lawyers represent injured victims and their families. We know how to conduct thorough investigations and gather the evidence needed to identify the at-fault party. We also know how to maximize your entitled compensation.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident
After a hit-and-run accident, it is important to take the right steps to protect yourself and your right to recover compensation. Here are some things you should do:
- Stay at the scene: If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, do not leave the scene. Stay where you are and call the police. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, and you could face criminal charges if you do so.
- Call the police: When the police arrive, give them a detailed account of what happened. Be sure to tell them everything you remember about the other vehicle, including the make, model, color, and any other identifying features. If you saw the driver, describe them as well.
- Get medical attention: Even if you do not think you were seriously injured, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent. A doctor can evaluate your condition and make sure you receive the appropriate treatment.
- Document the scene: If you are able, take pictures of the accident scene, including the damage to your vehicle and any debris on the road. Also, take pictures of your injuries. If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask for their contact information.
- Notify your insurance company: Call your insurance company and let them know what happened. You may be able to file a claim under your uninsured motorist coverage.
- Call a lawyer: An experienced hit-and-run accident attorney can help you understand your rights and guide you through the claims process.
How to Prove a Hit-and-Run
Proving a hit-and-run accident can be challenging, but it is not impossible. With the right evidence, it may be possible to identify the at-fault party and hold them accountable for your injuries and other losses.
Here are some ways to prove a hit-and-run:
- Physical evidence: If the other driver’s vehicle made contact with your vehicle, there may be paint transfer or other physical evidence that can be used to identify the make and model of the vehicle. This can help the police track down the at-fault driver.
- Video footage: If the accident occurred near a business or a home, there may be surveillance footage that captured the accident. Video footage can be invaluable in proving a hit-and-run.
- Witness statements: If there were any witnesses to the accident, their statements can be used to help identify the at-fault driver. They may have seen the license plate number or can provide a description of the driver.
- Police investigation: The police will conduct an investigation into the accident, and they may be able to find the at-fault driver. They will look for any physical evidence, interview witnesses, and review any available video footage.
- Private investigation: In some cases, it may be necessary to hire a private investigator to help track down the at-fault driver. An experienced hit-and-run accident lawyer can help you determine if this is necessary.
What to Do If the At-Fault Driver Cannot Be Found
Even if the at-fault driver cannot be found, you may still be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you can file a claim with your own insurance company. Uninsured motorist coverage is required in Texas, but you can opt out of it by signing a waiver. If you have this coverage, it can help pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
However, filing a claim under your uninsured motorist coverage can be complicated. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, and they will do everything they can to pay you as little as possible. That is why it is important to have an experienced hit-and-run accident attorney on your side. At Aldous \ Walker LLP, we know how to negotiate with insurance companies, and we are not afraid to take them to court if they refuse to offer a fair settlement.
Why Choose Aldous \ Walker LLP?
At Aldous \ Walker LLP, we are committed to helping injured victims and their families get the justice they deserve. We have a proven track record of success, with over $1 billion in verdicts and settlements. Our Dallas hit-and-run accident attorneys are not afraid to take on large corporations and insurance companies, and we are prepared to fight for you in court if necessary.
Our firm has been recognized by numerous organizations for our exceptional legal services, including Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and The Best Law Firms. We are proud to have earned a reputation for our aggressive advocacy and our unwavering commitment to our clients.
Our entire team works on each case we handle.
We enjoy trying cases – it’s what we do best.
We are passionate about fighting for what is right.
We truly believe in our clients and treat them like family.
2024 Best Law Firms
Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" 2021
Best Lawyers in America
Inner Circle of Advocates
American Board of Trial Advocates
American College of Trial Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers Top 100
D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas Hall of Fame
Charla Aldous is an inducted member of D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas Hall of Fame, a distinction reserved for attorneys who been named to the Best Lawyers in Dallas list at least 15 times.
D Best 2023
National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
International Society of Barristers
International Academy of Trial Lawyers
D Best Lawyers Under 40
Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
Charla Aldous and Brent Walker have been selected to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers list, a distinction earned by top-rated advocates who have garnered the respect and esteem of their peers.