- Practice Areas
Passionate. Dedicated. Trial Attorney.
The first time I ever stood up in front of a jury, I knew that it was where I belonged. I’ve been told that, in front of a jury, I seem to have the opposite of stage fright, and I suppose that’s true. It’s where I feel most comfortable: advocating for my clients, arguing their cases. As a trial lawyer, the courtroom is my second home.
Dedicated & Award-Winning Dallas Trial Attorney
I’m a trial lawyer. If I believe in a cause, I’ll fight for it—with everything I’ve got—for as long as I need to. I don’t know any other way to approach my work.
I try cases because I enjoy helping people, whether they’re ordinary people who’ve been wronged by a product or company or a business that’s been harmed by the actions of another. I truly do care about the people I represent. If I ever stop caring, I’ll quit practicing law—that's how strongly I feel about what we do at Aldous \ Walker LLP.
Passion for Justice
Over my career, I have been fortunate enough to try over 200 jury trials for plaintiffs and defendants. I actually began on the other side, defending businesses and insurance companies. At some point, I decided I wanted to choose the people and companies I represent, to know them personally and believe in their cause. I’d be very interested to hear about yours. I work on every one of our firm's cases because my clients personally matter to me.
Contact my office today at (214) 307-6307 to set up your free consultation.
Awards / Recognition
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" - Personal Injury Litigation, Dallas/Fort Worth by Best Lawyers in America (2017 and 2019)
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" - Medical Malpractice Litigation, Dallas/Fort Worth by Best Lawyers in America (2013, 2016, 2018 and 2021)
- 500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America, by Lawdragon (2007, 2011, 2014, 2016-2020)
- Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003-2020)
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine put Charla on the cover of its 2005 issue. Click here to read the story.
- Best Lawyers in America (2003-2021)
- Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation (2015-2020)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2001, 2003, 2005-2020)
- Top 50 Female Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2003-2020)
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 Ranking in Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice, by U.S. News-Best Lawyers (2011-2020)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2003-2020)
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2012-2017)
- Named to the list of 500 Most Powerful Business Leaders in Dallas by D CEO Magazine (2016)
- Lifetime Achievement Award from Texas Lawyer newspaper (2015)
- National Trial Lawyers, National Women Trial Lawyers Association Top 10, Executive Committee (2015)
- Faculty, National Trial College of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Harvard Law School (2014)
- Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame, Texas Lawyer (2013)
- Compassionate Gladiator Award, Florida Justice Association (2013)
- ABOTA National Trial College at Harvard Law School Honor
- Top 10 Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2012-2013)
- Winning Women, Texas Lawyer newspaper (2011)
- Top Texas Verdicts, by Texas Lawyer and VerdictSearch, second largest negligence verdict in the state (2011)
- Top Texas Verdicts, by Texas Lawyer and VerdictSearch, two top verdicts on the list (2010)
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- John Howie Award, Dallas Trial Lawyers Association (2010)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (2008)
- Top-Notch Lawyers in Personal Injury - Plaintiffs, Texas Lawyer's Go-To Guide (2007)
- Top 10 "Winning Lawyers in America" by The National Law Journal (2005)
- Top 10 Verdicts in the Nation, Lawyers Weekly USA (2000, 2004)
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates-Dallas Chapter
- American Bar Association
- The Inner Circle of Advocates
- International Society of Barristers
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- B.A. College Austin College 1982
- J.D. Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law - Law School 1985
2021 Best Law Firms Aldous \ Walker LLP has been consistently selected to the list of Best Law Firms by U.S. News and Best Lawyers as a Tier 1 law firm, the highest possible ranking that recognizes the firm's years of groundbreaking success.
Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" 2021 Attorney Charla Aldous has been named the "Lawyer of the Year" by the Best Lawyers in America eight times, in 2009, twice in 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021.
Best Lawyers in America Attorney Charla Aldous has been selected to the list of the Best Lawyers in America every year since 2013, attorney Brent Walker has been selected to the list every year since 2018 and attorney Caleb Miller has been selected since 2020.
Inner Circle of Advocates Attorney Charla Aldous is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, a prestigious organization whose members consist of the 100 best plaintiff trial lawyers in the United States.
American Board of Trial Advocates Attorney Charla Aldous is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a nationwide organization of lawyers who care passionately about the trial system in the United States.
American College of Trial Lawyers Charla Aldous is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, membership in this organization is invitation-only, and is extended to the very best trial lawyers who display the highest degrees of professionalism and ethics.
D Best 2020 Attorneys Charla Aldous & Brent Walker are selected to the list of the best lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine.
Super Lawyers Attorney Charla Aldous has been selected to the list of Super Lawyers every year since 2003 and attorney Brent Walker has been selected to the list every year since 2013.
National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys Charla Aldous and Brent Walker have been included in this invitation-only group of premier trial lawyers in each state.
International Society of Barristers Attorney Charla Aldous is a member of International Society of Barristers, an organization committed to bringing together the best members of the legal community from across the globe.
International Academy of Trial Lawyers Attorney Charla Aldous is a member of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, an invitation-only organization compromised of the most accomplished trial lawyers from across the globe.