Attorney Charla Aldous
Passionate. Dedicated. Trial Attorney.
The first time I ever stood up in front of a jury, I knew that it was where I belonged. I’ve been told that, in front of a jury, I seem to have the opposite of stage fright, and I suppose that’s true. It’s where I feel most comfortable: advocating for my clients, arguing their cases. As a trial lawyer, the courtroom is my second home.
Dedicated & Award-Winning Dallas Trial Attorney
I’m a trial lawyer. If I believe in a cause, I’ll fight for it—with everything I’ve got—for as long as I need to. I don’t know any other way to approach my work.
I try cases because I enjoy helping people, whether they’re ordinary people who’ve been wronged by a product or company or a business that’s been harmed by the actions of another. I truly do care about the people I represent. If I ever stop caring, I’ll quit practicing law—that's how strongly I feel about what we do at Aldous \ Walker LLP.
Passion for Justice
Over my career, I have been fortunate enough to try over 200 jury trials for plaintiffs and defendants. I actually began on the other side, defending businesses and insurance companies. At some point, I decided I wanted to choose the people and companies I represent, to know them personally and believe in their cause. I’d be very interested to hear about yours. I work on every one of our firm's cases because my clients personally matter to me.
Contact my office today at (214) 307-6307 to set up your free consultation.
Awards / Recognition
- Selected to the list of Lawdragon Legends (2019)
- Aldous \ Walker Named Elite Trial Lawyers Finalists in the "Other" and "Product Liability" Categories (2019)
- Aldous \ Walker Names to The National Law Journal's 2018 list of Top 100 Verdicts for securing a $25 million verdict (2018)
- Lawdragon's 500 Leading Lawyers in America (2007, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Texas Lawyer (2015)
- Dallas 500 Business Leaders
- ABOTA National Trial College at Harvard Law School Honor
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation (2015)
- Top 10 Lawyers in Texas, Texas Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters Legal (2012, 2013)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2003-2020)
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year in Dallas, Best Lawyers in America® (2013, 2016 & 2018)
- Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year in Dallas, Best Lawyers in America® (2009, 2017 & 2019)
- Best Law Firms, Dallas Tier 1 Ranking in Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice, U.S. News-Best Lawyers (2010-2019)
- Best Law Firms, National Tier 1 Ranking in Medical Malpractice, U.S. News-Best Lawyers (2013)
- Faculty, National Trial College of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Harvard Law School (2014)
- Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame, Texas Lawyer (2013)
- Winning Women, Texas Lawyer (2011)
- Top 10 “Winning Lawyers in America,” The National Law Journal (2005)
- Top 10 Verdicts in the Nation, Lawyers Weekly USA (2000, 2004)
- Top Texas Verdicts of 2011, Texas Lawyer, second largest negligence verdict in the state
- Top Texas Verdicts of 2010, Texas Lawyer, two top verdicts on the list
- Compassionate Gladiator Award, Florida Justice Association (2013)
- National Trial Lawyers, National Women Trial Lawyers Association Top 10, Executive Committee (2015)
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2012)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019)
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2010)
- John Howie Award, Dallas Trial Lawyers Association (2010)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (2008)
- Texas Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003 - 2019)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Texas, Texas Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003-2019)
- Top 50 Female Lawyers in Texas, Texas Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003-2018)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas Super Lawyers® list, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003-2019)
- Texas’ Top-Notch Lawyers in Personal Injury – Plaintiffs, Texas Lawyer‘s Go-To Guide (2007)