Did You Suffer A Serious Injury?
Millions of drivers, passengers, cyclists and pedestrians face the dangers of distracted drivers every day. According to safety experts, distracted driving can be broken down into three major categories:
- Cognitive – Cases where the driver is thinking about things other than driving.
- Visual – Cases where the driver looks away from the road.
- Manual – Cases where the driver removes their hands from the steering wheel.
Everyone on the road is put in the greatest danger when all three types of distraction occur – one example of that is when the driver uses their cellphone behind the wheel.
Since we first opened our doors in 1985, our team of Dallas car accident lawyers at Aldous \ Walker LLP have worked tirelessly to build up a reputation for effective, passionate advocacy. We are committed to fighting to ensure that every client we take on is put in the best position possible to fight for and secure the compensation they need to move on with their lives. If you were seriously injured by the actions of a distracted driver, contact us today to learn more about what we can do to help.
The Dangers Of Distracted Driving
Distracted drivers account for approximately 10 percent of all injuries and deaths caused in motor vehicle-related accidents according to data released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) (PDF).
- In 2015, 3,477 deaths were caused by distracted drivers.
- In 2015, approximately 391,000 injuries were caused by distracted drivers.
- In 2015, the largest age group who were distracted during a fatal crash were teenage drivers, with nine percent reportedly distracted at the time.
- In 2015, 551 cyclists, pedestrians, etc. were killed in crashes caused by distracted drivers.
- In 2015, approximately 27 percent of all fatal crashes caused by a distracted driver were caused by drivers between 20 and 29 years old.
Call our firm at (214) 307-6307 to discuss your situation with a member of our firm today.
Hire The Right Legal Team Today
If you were seriously injured through the actions of a negligent driver, contact our Dallas car accident attorneys at Aldous \ Walker LLP today to learn what our legal team can do to help you fight for and secure the outcome you deserve. With decades of experience and more than $1 billion secured in verdicts and settlements for our clients, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands when you work with us. Call us at (214) 307-6307 to speak with one of our attorneys over the phone, or give us the details of your case today by filling out our online form.