The first time I ever stood up in front of a jury, I knew that it was where I belonged. I realized that I could make a difference in the lives of my clients, whether it’s standing up to those who pollute our water, the medical and pharmaceutical industry or those simply unwilling to take responsibility for the damage they’ve caused.
Like most attorneys, I strongly believe that proven experience and integrity are the hallmarks of a successful and meaningful legal practice. Over my career I have been fortunate enough to handle more than 100 jury trials for plaintiffs and defendants.
My courtroom experience has covered a wide variety of cases, from catastrophic motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, products liability, wrongful death, professional liability lawsuits, contract disputes, and toxic tort cases.
After earning my undergraduate degree from Austin College in Sherman, Texas, I went on to Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law for my law degree. As a new lawyer, I went to work for a big law firm defending insurance companies. That “insider’s view” has helped me tremendously in my role representing plaintiffs. I know what big corporations and insurance companies look for, and how to prepare my cases to give my clients the advantage.
- B.A.; Austin College, Sherman, Texas; 1982
- J.D.; Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law; 1985
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates-Dallas Chapter
Executive Committee, 2001-present
- American Association for Justice
- The Inner Circle of Advocates
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 10 lawyers in Texas, Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters Legal (2012)
- Best Lawyers in America (2003-2013)
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 Ranking in Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice, U.S. News-Best Lawyers (2011)
- 500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America, Lawdragon (2007, 2011)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Personal Injury Litigator of the Year in Dallas, Best Lawyers in America (2009)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (2008)
- Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003-2012)
- Top 50 Female Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003-2012)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters Legal (2003-2012)
- Texas’ Top-Notch Lawyers in Personal Injury - Plaintiffs, Texas Lawyer's Go-To Guide (2007)
- Top 10 "Winning Lawyers in America”, The National Law Journal (2005)
- Top 10 Verdicts in the Nation, Lawyers Weekly USA (2000, 2004)